The press is currently accepting submissions for a special print issue of Willow, featuring a collection of uncommonly honest stories and art surrounding the themes Lust + Risk.
We want to see your unique perception of the themes, Lust or Risk through prose or picture.
Lust + Risk double issue
Submission Deadline: October 10th
Release Date: December 1st
- Submissions must be received before the deadline or they will not be considered.
- Must be written in English.
- We accept submissions from anywhere.
- Every featured artist and writer will be credited.
- We are currently only offering small honorariums between $10-$20 per piece.
- Payment is in Canadian dollars via e-transfer or PayPal.
- All pages must be numbered and include your full name.
- We accept fiction, photos, illustrations, personal essays, and comics. Read below for specific guidelines for each.
- Send submissions to email@example.com.
Literary + genre fiction are both accepted.
Must be typed and sent as a PDF.
- Short stories should be 5000 words maximum.
- Flash fiction should be 1000 words maximum.
art + photos
We are looking for an interesting visual representation of the issue's theme, not a specific style of photography or illustration.
Colour or black and white.
We do accept sets or collections with a maximum of 5 pieces.
Comics, microfiction, personal essays, poetry are also accepted and featured in every issue.
Please only send one or two poems per submission.